Creative Services Specialist (Clearwater, FL)
Department: Creative Services
Reports to: Creative Services Manager
Are you looking for a career in the evolving world of print and digital advertising and production? Russell Johns Associates has the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for a creative individual excited to work in the fast-paced environment of advertising creative and design.
Creative Service Specialists are responsible for print and digital ad creative, classified page typesetting / layout and promotional material design for Russell Johns Associates and each of its publisher / association clients.
As a publisher’s representative, Russell Johns Associates has provided full-service advertising sales management for more than 40 years. Representing publisher / association clients from many different industries, our expertise includes general product & service advertising through medical / professional recruitment advertising.
Candidate must present a resume and portfolio examples of their accomplishments, which should reflect fresh, original, diverse, creative work demonstrating an understanding of media trends, technology and design.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create various page layouts for multiple publications. Knowledge in using linked columns and style sheets is required.
- Typeset display ads to meet the needs of ad specifications (trim, bleed, safety, and live area).
- Work closely with the Sales and Professional Services Departments to design display ads based on direction from advertisers.
- Work closely with the Promotional Services Department to create professional designs and layouts for promotional materials including sell sheets, house ads, HTML email campaigns and conference collateral design.
- Design web banners (static and animated) that follow web design best practices and administer ads to Banner System accordingly.
- Perform basic web updates as required.
Knowledge, Skill, Education and Experience:
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.) on Mac OS X platform.
- QuarkXPress, Dreamweaver and Flash are a plus.
- Desktop publishing experience is required.
- Experience with page layout / linked columns is required.
- Strong layout, design and typography skills are preferred.
- Knowledgeable in digital advertising, including best practices and limitations.
- Proficient with industry standards for both print and digital advertising, from creative development to final production.
- Aptitude and desire for learning new technologies is necessary.
- Strong comprehension of design fundamentals and the ability to conceptualize ideas with creative direction.
- General Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Must be highly motivated, precise in following directions, able to work quickly in a fast paced environment and meet reasonable deadline expectations with a positive attitude.
- Possess outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to follow through with a project from start to completion.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environments.
- Minimum of a two year degree, specialty in Graphic Art / related curriculum preferred. Minimum high school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- 2+ years of print / digital media production experience required.
- Salary $14+ per hour: commensurate with experience.
- Full-time position.
- Monday – Friday (no nights, no weekends, be home in time for dinner!).
- Paid time off.
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Supplemental insurance policies.
Submit your resume, portfolio and a cover letter telling us why you are the right person for the job! Contact us by email at: email@example.com or fax: 727-445-9380. No phone calls please.