Promotional Design Manager (Interactive, UX and Graphic Design – Clearwater, FL)
Department: Promotional Services
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Are you looking for a career in the evolving world of print and digital advertising? Russell Johns Associates has the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented interactive designer to join our management team!
The Promotional Design Manager is responsible for digital promotional campaign design strategy and implementation for Russell Johns Associates and each of its publisher / association clients.
As a publisher’s representative, Russell Johns Associates has provided full-service advertising sales management for more than 40 years. Representing publisher / association clients from many different industries, our expertise includes general product & service advertising through medical/professional recruitment advertising.
Candidate must present a resume and portfolio examples of their accomplishments, which should reflect fresh, original, diverse, creative work demonstrating an understanding of media trends, technology and design.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with Promotional, Creative, Digital and Executive teams to create, design and maintain interactive projects in accordance to company standards.
- Designs promotional campaigns including: html emails, banner ads, other digital campaigns and assists in creative of print ads, sell sheets, conference materials, tradeshow booth displays and other printed pieces.
- Researches and creates design strategy and templates for print and digital promotional pieces that follow company and client branding.
- Assists in mentoring and training members of Creative Services.
- Responsible for creating standards-compliant HTML and CSS, including CSS layout.
- Performs website design, development and content updates (for both PC and Mobile sites).
- Creates layout and graphics for web based presentations.
- Utilizes internal and external facing tools to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Designs social media pages and web apps.
- Embraces change and keeps up to date on emerging technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Understands web design principles and the ability to execute them into final deliverables.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Expert in UI and UX design.
- Expert in HTML and CSS.
- Knowledgeable in front-end website design and development, including mobile/touch.
- PHP knowledge helpful.
- Digital video skills helpful.
- Flash, Actionscript knowledge helpful.
- Self-sufficient in project management and able to contribute to, and work with, “big picture” thinking.
- Experience with high level promotional campaign strategy, conception and implementation is preferred.
- Must fully understand the processes of online advertising, from requirements gathering to creative development and digital production, including best practices and limitations.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work as part of a team.
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to interface with the company’s IT resource in order to solve hardware, software and networking issues will be considered a plus.
Education / Experience:
- College degree required.
- Four years of education / training or equivalent work experience in desktop publishing / graphic design.
Here are just a few of the perks of working at Russell Johns Associates:
- Full time management interactive designer position
- Monday – Friday
- No travel required
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Supplemental insurance plans
- 401K plan
Submit your resume, portfolio and a cover letter telling us why you are the right person for the job! Contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 727-445-9380. No phone calls please.
Compensation: Salary (DOE) + Benefits