Advertising Sales Specialist (Clearwater, FL)
Are you looking for a career in the evolving world of print and digital advertising sales? Russell Johns Associates has the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for a driven individual excited to translate their sales skills into a rewarding career in the advertising industry.
Advertising Sales Specialists are responsible for outgoing sales of their assigned publication(s) and/or digital media while remaining as liaison for advertiser needs throughout the ad life cycle.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Research of new lead sources
- Prospect and close new advertising business
- Manage the accounts of existing advertisers
- Utilize marketing materials provided to promote print and/or online products
- Discuss advertising options, rates, artwork and more with advertiser clients
- Acquire advertising materials, contracts and payment information
- Some clerical and administrative duties utilizing the database management CRM system
- Work with support departments to assist in the production of final page products and publication marketing materials
Here’s what we are looking for:
Internal and external communication are critical as an Advertising Sales Specialist. Exceptional oral and written communication skills are necessary to succeed in this position.
- Organization and attention to detail
You will be working with many different people throughout the day. Staying organized, multi-tasking and ensuring accuracy and high quality standards is necessary.
- Teamwork and self-management
Throughout the day there will be need to work in team environments and independently. You will be expected to collaborate with other departments on certain tasks and work independently to manage your sales processes.
- Positive attitude and open to change
As the world of print and digital media evolve, so do we! We are looking for someone who embraces company growth and and thrives on constant development.
- Passion for sales
You can’t fake passion! We are looking for someone who has worked in sales and loves it (this is not a telemarketing opportunity). Advertising sales experience is a plus!
- Computer literacy
Computer proficiency is required in this position. You will be working in a Microsoft Windows and Google Apps environment daily.
Required Education: *Minimum high school diploma (or equivalent) required, college preferred.
Here are just a few of the perks of working at Russell Johns Associates:
- Full time inside sales position
- 37.5 hour work week. Monday – Friday (no nights, no weekends, be home in time for dinner!)
- No travel required
- Competitive salary plus additional incentives and bonuses
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
As a publisher’s representative, Russell Johns Associates has managed advertising sales and creation for more than 40 years. We represent publisher clients from many different industries including general product and service advertising through medical recruitment advertising. Your sales history could be a perfect fit.
Submit your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are the right person for the job! Contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 727-445-9380. No phone calls please.
Compensation: $14.35/hr + (DOE)