Key Benefits of Print Advertising
The competition in the advertising world is huge. There are so many choices between how, when, and where to advertise. You might not expect the benefits of print advertising to outweigh so many other types of media right now. In fact, print advertising is showing to be more effective in several key areas over any other type of advertising on the market right now.
1. Reputability and Trustworthiness Advertising your product or service in a reputable publication gives you the added boost of credibility. These days anyone can set up a website with a checkout and they are in business. One of the benefits of print advertising is that it’s trustworthy.
2. Targeting Print offers advertisers the ability to get in front of their target audience. Print readers are a diverse group of affluent, high-income consumers. Print advertising is a cost-effective way to reach targeted active consumers through credible niche publications.
3. Brand Recognition Remind your best customers that you are still around, or better yet about a new product or service.“The ads we run in the USA Today “Golf Today” feature have resulted in an excellent return on investment. It has been a great way for us to increase our national exposure, helping us promote our line of innovative hybrid golf clubs.” Mark McNaughton, President, Wedgewood Golf Inc. Wedgewood Golf is the leader in hybrid golf clubs. Our clubs are specifically designed for golfers that have trouble hitting traditional irons consistently.”
4. A greater instance of purchasing behavior found with print advertising a “meta-analysis” conducted by Millward Brown,“ Determined that print advertising led to the greatest increases in the metrics closest to purchasing behavior: brand favorability and purchase intent. Print ad exposures generated lifts that were 7% points higher than those for Online and 3% points higher than those for TV.” magazine.org
5. Improved ROI – It was also determined that combinations of advertising that included print were the most successful “ In most cases, a Print + Online + TV combination had more-powerful effects than lesser combinations. Among the two-medium combinations, the Print + TV combination was especially effective across the six outcome metrics. Indeed, for some outcome metrics, this combination produced deltas that were twice as large as those for the TV + Online combination. Campaigns combining Print + Online also achieved significant lifts in ad effectiveness, beyond what a single platform would achieve.”
6. High Income and education Neilson reports that “82% of adults with household incomes of $100,000 or more read a printed newspaper and 84% of adults who are college graduates or more read a printed newspaper.”